Monday, February 8, 2010

the Home and Landscape Expo 2010

the Home and Landscape Expo 2010


One of the features that I had in our booth at the Home Show was a sculpture: a little dog made of stone. This little dog seemed to be the highlight of the booth...countless people stopped to look at and inquire about the dog. One fellow suggested I name the dog “Roxie”! This wonderful creature was created by Mary Ellen Garcia, or The Rock Lady (see my previous post). She also creates cats out of stone, turtles, birds and people. If you’d like to get in touch with her you can call her at (530) 363-3081; and, you can make an appointment to visit her studio in Pollock Pines!











I love my little dog. On the first day of the show I told it to “stay” - and that dog did not move an inch for the entire three days!


“Humans tend to look at gardens as an expression of nature.

Nature looks at gardens as an expression of humans.”


-Perelandra Garden


I wish you all happy dreaming and visualizing of your spring gardens!



No comments:

Post a Comment